Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default converting italic to underline

As Lene points out, you do need to add Not Italic (Ctrl+I twice) in the
"Replace with" dialog for this to work. Sorry!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Ctrl+H to open the replace dialog. In the "Find what" box, press Ctrl+I.
In the "Replace with" box, press Ctrl+U. Replace All.

Note that if punctuation following italicized text has been (correctly)
italicized, it will also be underlined, so you may need to rerun replace
to find underlined periods, commas, etc. and remove the underline. If you
find you need to do this, type the punctuation mark into the "Find what"
box and press Ctrl+U (after clearing the Ctrl+I formatting). In the
"Replace with" box, type the same punctuation mark (or ^&) and press
Ctrl+U a second time to get Format: Font: No Underline.

"DTerence" wrote in message
I want convert all italicized text to underlined text globally in one
step.