Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default get mail merge data from two different files

If there are not too many LETTCD values to deal with, you could do it by
using If...then...Else... fields.

If number of LTTRCD values makes that too difficult, in Excel, you should
be able to set up a third worksheet that uses a Lookup function to produce a
data source that contains all of the LTTRCD's from you first file with the
appropriate "paragraph" for each in a cell on the same row.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"mnm_nut" wrote in message
I have a Word form letter that I am merging with addresses from an Excel
file
(Office 2003)- that excel file has a LTTRCD colm - can I create another
Excel
file with all the possible LTTRCDs in colm A, with a different "paragraph"
keyed into colm B - then as the name/addr is merged into the letter - can
use the LTTRCD to lookup or 'pull' the 'paragraph' from the other file to
jump into the middle of my letter "and" assume the formatting of the body
of
the letter...? so I am actually trying to pull data from two different
sources at the same time.. any help appreciated... I'm working with Office
2003. lms