Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Default Disable macros in Word if no idea of host application

Hi Ursula:

If it's only that document, then the cause is in "that document".

The document has a macro or other customisation in it.

Open Organiser to see which one. You can also delete it from Organiser.
Look Organiser up in the Help.

If you cannot SEE the problem in Organiser, then you'll have to Maggie the
document.

1) Create a new blank document

2) Copy everything EXCEPT the last paragraph mark from the old document (if
you copy the last paragraph mark, you will copy the problem)

3) Paste into the new document and save under a new file name.

Cheers

On 15/1/07 12:46 PM, in article
, "Ursula"
wrote:

I use Word 2003. Everytime when I open MS Word I get the note saying that
macros are disabled and to refer to the host aplication. I have no idea what
the host application could be because I have written this word document
myself, saved it on my own computer and the next time I opened this document,
I got this message. How do I turn this annoying message off?? Because it
appears every time I open any word document now.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410