Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Disable macros in Word if no idea of host application

It might require only moving the MYOB add-in file from one folder to
another.

As explained in the article
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...latesStore.htm,
there are two "Word startup folders" on the hard drive -- one under
your login profile in the Documents and Settings folder, and another
under the Program Files folder where Office is installed. Only the one
in the profile is considered a "trusted location". If the MYOB file is
in the folder under Program Files, move it to your profile. [In
Windows Explorer, you have to go to Tools Folder Options View and
turn on display of hidden folders to see the Application Data folder
under the profile.]

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:57:12 +0200, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

No! Uninstall the link to MYOB or set macro security as indicated.

Ursula wrote:
Thank you, Graham, for your reply. I think you are probably right
because on reflection this happened when I installed Myob and there
is a link to Word. Would it now help if I delete all pre-written
letters (such as reminders etc.) from the programme?
Ursula

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You will get a macro warning if there are macros saved in your
document unless you set the macro security to low (don't do that!!!!)
You will also get a macro warning if there are macros in a template
or an add-in and you have not set macro security to trust
*installed* templates and add-ins. Even if you set this option, if
you open a template containing macros from another location than the
templates or startup folder you will get the warning.

The warning is a protection from unwanted and potentially malicious
code.

My guess is that you have installed software with an add-in to Word
and it is the add-in that is causing the warning. Check macro
security, and set it to Medium and to trust installed templates and
add-ins. If you still get the warning, the macro is probably in the
document and you should investigate what it is before allowing it to
run - especially if the document was produced by a third party.

.

Ursula wrote:
Hi John,
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, the note about enabling macros appear now EVERYTIME I
open Word. What can I do about that?
Ursula

"Ursula" wrote:

I use Word 2003. Everytime when I open MS Word I get the note
saying that macros are disabled and to refer to the host
aplication. I have no idea what the host application could be
because I have written this word document myself, saved it on my
own computer and the next time I opened this document, I got this
message. How do I turn this annoying message off?? Because it
appears every time I open any word document now.