Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shortcakes Shortcakes is offline

Default "Permissions" problem

I saved a memo in Word 2003 on my home computer, which has Office 2003. I
then tried to drag and drop it to my CD-R drive. Instead I managed to drop
it into another drive and into a folder. I found it by doing a file search,
but now it won't let me do anything with it.

When I try to open it, I get a little window that says: "Word can not open
the document. User does not have access priviliges". It appears to be a
"permissions" thing, but I don't know where to find that stuff. (I know just
enough about computers to be dangerous)

I know that at work we have "Administrators" and that they are the only ones
who have "permission" to do stuff to our computers. I didn't set up anything
on my computer like that though (it is 3 years old).

Is there anything I can do to get this memo back? I just want to put it on
a CD to take to work.