Phildeman

Default How do I omit an empty date merge field?

I am getting garbage when a date merge field is empty in word 2002. I have
tried:

{ IF { MERGEFIELD "sdate" } = "" "" "{ MERGEFIELD "sdate" \@"MM/dd/yyyy" }"
} Which indicates, if the merge date field is empty, then display nothing,
else display the value in the merge date field. Yet, it displays,
06/09/2005. I checked the database and their is no value in the field.

The database is SQL Server 2000 and I am using Access 2002 to interface with
SQL Server. Then I am using Word 2002 to interface with Access. When I run
the query that Word is using to perform the merge, the date field displays
the data correctly. I am not having any problems with any other field, only
the date field.