Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How to: Page 1 - two columns, Page 2(ff) - one column

"DeanH" wrote:

Of course you can always have a section break instead of a page break,
whatever is necessary for the document structure.
I tend to have a Continuous break after Columns to help balance the columns
lengths, I have found that this tends not to happen with a New Page Section
Break.
As with most things in Word (and other MS products) there is usually more
than one way to skin-a-cat

Good point, it is a shame that Continuous and Next Page section breaks have
a different impact on preceding page lay out. They should have the same
impact...

In such a case, I would set the first paragraph following the Continous
section break to have its paragraph setting "Page Break Before" set to true.
Easier to handle than
a page break immediatley following a section break. But, as you wrote, there
is more than one way to...