Luc

Thanks Doug for posting, guess my translation was not so good after all.
Luc
"Doug Robbins" schreef in bericht
In the English version, the button is "Tight" There is no difference
between 2002 and 2003 in this regard.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"HT" wrote in message
I do not have a "contour" button either. I appreciate the feedback..trying
Pop's way now.

"Luc" wrote in message
PopS,
Sorry for the wrong wording, I am translating best I can since I use the
Dutch version. The said "contour" icon is the third from the left in the
mentioned tab.
I tested again here, using the method I described, and nothing jumps

around
even with long sentences or paragraphs. It's stays solid as a rock.
Luc

"PopS" schreef in bericht
Hi Luc,

I ass-u-me you're talking about 2003, right? I have 2002 and
there is no "countour" under the Format AutoShape menues,
therefore it doesn't work as you stated, but:

it DOES work in 2002 if you instead select the left line and
then use Set AutoShape Defaults. There is a caveat or two: Too
long a sentence or paragraph (several lines) will jump everything
outside of the shape and push it to the next page on you.
Anything that can't be fit in the space provided by the triangle
"jumps" outside the triangle and in the process seems to take
everything else with it.
I only spent a few seconds with it, so it's probably easy to
anchor the triangle to keep it from blowing away in the winds of
the ether. I suspect there's more to learn about it - and I'm
glad to discover something I never thought about before.

That said, NEAT! I never thought about doing it that way and
just used Centering and the Enter key before this.

Good tip!

Pops

"Luc" wrote in message
: HT,
: Draw two lines with the line tool on the Drawing toolbar. First
from top
: left to middle bottom, second from top right to middle bottom.
: Select the left line, rightclick it, choose Format AutoShape,
choose third
: tab from the left, click on the contour icon, now click on
advanced, choose
: only to the right in the section for wrapping text. Now do the
same with the
: line on the right, but set this on to wrap text only to the
left of the
: line.
: To make the lines disappear in the same menu choose colors and
lines tab and
: change the color to white.
: Luc
: "HT" schreef in bericht
: ...
: Word2003
: WindowsXP
:
: This is what a cascading paragraph looks like.
:
: xxxxxxxxx
: xxxxxxxx
: xxxxxx
: xxx
: x
:
: I need to create this because it will be on the 1st page of
an Offering
: Statement.
:
: Thank you.