PopS

No, I think your translation was fine; you just forgot to
mention, and we never thought about, a difference in languages.
Like I said in another post, that's a great idea and it did work
almost as well for me as it did you g.

PopS

"Luc" wrote in message
: Thanks Doug for posting, guess my translation was not so good
after all.
: Luc
: "Doug Robbins" schreef in bericht
: ...
: In the English version, the button is "Tight" There is no
difference
: between 2002 and 2003 in this regard.
:
: --
: Hope this helps.
:
: Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail
yourself of my
: services on a paid consulting basis.
:
: Doug Robbins - Word MVP
: "HT" wrote in message
: ...
: I do not have a "contour" button either. I appreciate the
feedback..trying
: Pop's way now.
:
:
: "Luc" wrote in message
: ...
: PopS,
: Sorry for the wrong wording, I am translating best I can
since I use the
: Dutch version. The said "contour" icon is the third from
the left in the
: mentioned tab.
: I tested again here, using the method I described, and
nothing jumps
: around
: even with long sentences or paragraphs. It's stays solid as
a rock.
: Luc
:
:
: "PopS" schreef in bericht
: ...
: Hi Luc,
:
: I ass-u-me you're talking about 2003, right? I have 2002
and
: there is no "countour" under the Format AutoShape menues,
: therefore it doesn't work as you stated, but:
:
: it DOES work in 2002 if you instead select the left line
and
: then use Set AutoShape Defaults. There is a caveat or
two: Too
: long a sentence or paragraph (several lines) will jump
everything
: outside of the shape and push it to the next page on you.
: Anything that can't be fit in the space provided by the
triangle
: "jumps" outside the triangle and in the process seems to
take
: everything else with it.
: I only spent a few seconds with it, so it's probably
easy to
: anchor the triangle to keep it from blowing away in the
winds of
: the ether. I suspect there's more to learn about it -
and I'm
: glad to discover something I never thought about before.
:
: That said, NEAT! I never thought about doing it that way
and
: just used Centering and the Enter key before this.
:
: Good tip!
:
: Pops
:
:
: "Luc" wrote in message
: ...
: : HT,
: : Draw two lines with the line tool on the Drawing
toolbar. First
: from top
: : left to middle bottom, second from top right to middle
bottom.
: : Select the left line, rightclick it, choose Format
AutoShape,
: choose third
: : tab from the left, click on the contour icon, now click
on
: advanced, choose
: : only to the right in the section for wrapping text. Now
do the
: same with the
: : line on the right, but set this on to wrap text only to
the
: left of the
: : line.
: : To make the lines disappear in the same menu choose
colors and
: lines tab and
: : change the color to white.
: : Luc
: : "HT" schreef in bericht
: : ...
: : Word2003
: : WindowsXP
: :
: : This is what a cascading paragraph looks like.
: :
: : xxxxxxxxx
: : xxxxxxxx
: : xxxxxx
: : xxx
: : x
: :
: : I need to create this because it will be on the 1st
page of
: an Offering
: : Statement.
: :