PopS

Ahh, an MVP; good to see you on this thread.

Have you tried it in 2002? If there's no difference then Luc and
I shouldn't be having different results. Or, I'm still
misunderstanding something, which is also a good possibility. I
originally just assumed that "countour" might have been something
new or that had been relocated somehow. I'm seeing enough posts
on problems and such that are "different" in 2003 that I'm
holding off on any upgrades until I know for sure there's
something there that's useful for me.

Regards,

PopS

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
: In the English version, the button is "Tight" There is no
difference
: between 2002 and 2003 in this regard.
:
: --
: Hope this helps.
:
: Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself
of my
: services on a paid consulting basis.
:
: Doug Robbins - Word MVP
: "HT" wrote in message
: ...
: I do not have a "contour" button either. I appreciate the
feedback..trying
: Pop's way now.
:
:
: "Luc" wrote in message
: ...
: PopS,
: Sorry for the wrong wording, I am translating best I can
since I use the
: Dutch version. The said "contour" icon is the third from the
left in the
: mentioned tab.
: I tested again here, using the method I described, and
nothing jumps
: around
: even with long sentences or paragraphs. It's stays solid as
a rock.
: Luc
:
:
: "PopS" schreef in bericht
: ...
: Hi Luc,
:
: I ass-u-me you're talking about 2003, right? I have 2002
and
: there is no "countour" under the Format AutoShape menues,
: therefore it doesn't work as you stated, but:
:
: it DOES work in 2002 if you instead select the left line
and
: then use Set AutoShape Defaults. There is a caveat or
two: Too
: long a sentence or paragraph (several lines) will jump
everything
: outside of the shape and push it to the next page on you.
: Anything that can't be fit in the space provided by the
triangle
: "jumps" outside the triangle and in the process seems to
take
: everything else with it.
: I only spent a few seconds with it, so it's probably
easy to
: anchor the triangle to keep it from blowing away in the
winds of
: the ether. I suspect there's more to learn about it - and
I'm
: glad to discover something I never thought about before.
:
: That said, NEAT! I never thought about doing it that way
and
: just used Centering and the Enter key before this.
:
: Good tip!
:
: Pops
:
:
: "Luc" wrote in message
: ...
: : HT,
: : Draw two lines with the line tool on the Drawing
toolbar. First
: from top
: : left to middle bottom, second from top right to middle
bottom.
: : Select the left line, rightclick it, choose Format
AutoShape,
: choose third
: : tab from the left, click on the contour icon, now click
on
: advanced, choose
: : only to the right in the section for wrapping text. Now
do the
: same with the
: : line on the right, but set this on to wrap text only to
the
: left of the
: : line.
: : To make the lines disappear in the same menu choose
colors and
: lines tab and
: : change the color to white.
: : Luc
: : "HT" schreef in bericht
: : ...
: : Word2003
: : WindowsXP
: :
: : This is what a cascading paragraph looks like.
: :
: : xxxxxxxxx
: : xxxxxxxx
: : xxxxxx
: : xxx
: : x
: :
: : I need to create this because it will be on the 1st
page of
: an Offering
: : Statement.
: :