Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
David Cahill

Default Auto Sum Formula Question

Thank you very much for the help. Your suggestion worked, but now it no
longer auto sums the data when it is typed in.

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

Put a number picture switch in your formula field.

e.g., { = Sum(Above) \# "#.00;(#.00);"

The characters before the firsrt ";" sets the format for positive values,
the second
set of is for negative values, the "nothing" after the last ";" formats 0
as nothing.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

David Cahill wrote:
I have created a form with tables and form fields so that users can
enter their data by typing it in. The form can also be filled in
manually.

At the bottom of the form I have a table w/ 4 colums for various
fees. The Auto Sum formula works great.

Here is the problem: 50% of the people who will use my form will
simply print it out and fill it in by hand. They will not be filling
out electronically.

When I print my form, the cells for "Total Fees" automatically
populate "$0.00". No data has been entered in the table and my guess
is that the formula thinks that "$0.00" has been input into these
fields.

How do I make it so that the auto sum formula does not execute unless
someone enters data into the form fields w/in the table?