Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Block306

Default Word slow when switching between documents

I run Word and has Acrobat Professional 7 installed on my pc as well. I have
the same set-ups on my desktop and laptop. Both runs on WinXP SP2.
On my desktop, when using Word, I noticed that my system slows down when I
switched from one Word document to another word document (or other
applications for that matter). My desktop will hang with the hour glass for
at least 15 seconds whenever I does that. The same problem does not arise in
my laptop.
I have checked all the places that I know of to check (options etc) but to
no avail.
Can someone please advise? Thanks.