Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wildetudor wildetudor is offline

Default borders for indented paragraph, with style applied to wider pr

Thanks, but I was looking for a solution within the style definition. I don't
want to have to specify that I don't want borders for every single paragraph
that I indent

"grammatim" wrote:

Format Borders & Shading None

On Jan 21, 12:27 pm, wildetudor
wrote:
I have in my document a style that has upper/lower borders defined. I
selected a portion of text consisting of a few paragraphs and formatted it
with that style. So far so good - the whole portion of text now has a border
above it (before it begins) and a border below it (after it ends).

Then I selected a paragraph somewhere in the middle of this stylized portion
of text, and indented it to the right. For some reason, this earned the
paragraph a pair of borders of its own, even though the style had already
been applied to it through the bigger portion of text that contains it.

How can I rid the middle paragraph of the up/down borders? Here is a visual
of what that looks like -http://www.badongo.com/pic/5124940

Thanks in advance for any help!