Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I set up spell checker to ignore filenames?

If the filename includes the full path (e.g.,
C:\foldername\filename.png), then you can choose to "Ignore internet and
file addresses" in Tools | Options | Spelling & Grammar tab.

If you type the filename in upper case, then you can choose to "Ignore
words in UPPERCASE" in Tools | Options | Spelling & Grammar tab.

You can create a character style formatted as "no proofing" (Format |
Styles and Formatting | New Style | Name: enter a style name | Style
type: Character | Format | Language | check the "Do not check spelling
or grammar" box | OK | check the "Add to template" box | OK, and apply
the character style to the filename after you type it.

AlanW wrote:

Word 2003. How do I set up spell checker to ignore filenames? imparticular
filenames ending in ".png" ?