Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AMR AMR is offline

Default Replace period and single space with period and two spaces in MS W

I don't know if you can do all the functions you want in one Find/Replace
string, but you can do them in 3.

To find and replace one space after a period needs 2 passes:

FIRST PASS
Find what:
.. [A-Z]
(use wildcards)

Replace with:
.. |^&

SECOND PASS
Find what:
|.
(that's pipe period space)

Replace with:

(nothing)

I used a pipe (|) character as a distinctive marker to find. You can use
whatever character you want as long as it is not present in the text of the
document.

To clean up any spaces at the end of a paragraph:

Find what:
^p
(that's a space before the paragraph marker)

Replace with:
^p
(no extra spaces)

To replace a word with same text but bold:

Find what:
text
(whatever the word is you want to bold)

Replace with:

(nothing - set the format to bold. Format Font Bold)

"Dougmeister" wrote:

I have this that works so far for "Find":

but I can't figure out the "Replace" part. Something to do with $1$2, maybe
a "\ " (without the quotes). Dunno.

There is a document that I am editing that has a lot of bad grammar. Many
sentences only have one (1) space between the preceding period and the
beginning of the next sentence.

Also, it should not put two spaces at the end of a paragraph.

Extra credit:

Also trying to replace a specific word with the same word, yet in bold.

Thanks.