LizW

That works great with keeping the margins but left justified docs come in and
keep their justification even though the document I am bringing them in is
full justified.

Any ideas? Thanks!

"Jonathan West" wrote:

Hi Liz,

I would suggest that when you need to create a document with the correct
format/margins using text from outside, first create a new blank document
from your own template, then use the Insert File feature in Word to insert
the file you have recived.

--
Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP

"LizW" wrote in message
We receive a lot of documents from other people both in the firm and from
email that we have to use in a final version. We want to make sure the
final
documents we do have margins of 1" all around and are justified. We have
templates that we attach that give us our styles, and override whatever we
have been sent. Even the Normal style is justified and the template itself
is
1" all around.

However justification does not change when we attach the template nor do
margins. Is there a way to override these things? Clicking automatically
override document styles in Templates and add-ins doesn't change this.

Alternately, is it better to try and write a macro that would ensure all
documents from near and far start out the same way? With a macro, there
would
be so many variables, and since this is a law firm, the beginning and end
of
the doucment cannot be justified.

Thank you for any ideas and help.