Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Default Problem with styles (Word 2003)

I've had a lot of problems with styles and templates. Things that should have
worked seem not to be working.

I've already removed non-style formatting. (Highlight the whole paragraph,
including paragraph mark, and hit control-space and also control-Q.) Then
explicitly reapply the style of the paragraph. I get the update/reapply
message.

Why would I get the update/reapply message, when I've already removed
non-style formatting - or so I intended?

I've tried repeatedly to remove the non-style formatting, and to explicitly
reapply the style. Why would I get the update/reapply message, unless Word
thinks that there's non-style formatting remaining?

"grammatim" wrote:

Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results is a
definition of insanity ...

Are you maybe trying to remove non-Style formatting from a paragraph?
Ctrl-Q and Ctrl-space are two of the ways for doing that.

On Jun 8, 12:36 pm, Eric wrote:
I don't know exactly what's happening.

I select a paragraph, including the paragraph mark at the end. I apply a
style, which is the same as the paragraph already has. I get the familiar
message "Do you want to update the style to reflect recent changes, or
Reapply the formatting of theh style to the selection?" I select "Reapply".

Then I do exactly the same thing, and I get the same update/reapply message.
Why does Word keep asking me?

Thanks.