Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Melody Melody is offline

Default Unable to save changes to data file when using Edit Recipient List

Hello,
We just recently upgraded to Office 2007. When I open my master (main)
merge document and click the button to Edit the Recipient List, I have the
option to edit individual records (change a value in one or more fields).
This is the method I usually use for changing/updating records. After
completing my merge, I close my main document. I am prompted with this
message: "DF317571.docx is a mail merge main document that is attached to a
data source Info.docx that has not been saved. Do you want to save
Memo.docx?" (The name of the first document is different everytime.) If I
select Yes, I get "This file is Read-only) and only have the choice of "OK".
The merged documents show the updated records. How can I get my changes to
the data file saved? My data file is a Word 2007 document with a table with
proper headings for a merge.
--
---Melody