Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
garfield-n-odie

Default Why Do My Toolbar Settings Change

Is Adobe Acrobat 7.0 installed on the computer? If yes, then the
Acrobat 7.0 Create Adobe PDF toolbar add-in for Word prevents
Word from automatically saving changes to the normal.dot template
(which is where toolbar customizations are stored). Customize
the Word toolbar button again, and click "Shift+File | Save All"
to force Word to save the normal.dot template. Alternatively,
you can prevent the Adobe add-in from loading by editing the
Windows registry key
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word \Addins\PDFMaker.OfficeAddin"
and changing the "LoadBehavior" subkey value from 3 to 0, but
you'll lose the PDF toolbar if you do this.

PreyDawg wrote:

I am referring particularly to word. I go to the trouble to customize my
toolbar and get it exactly as I want it. Then when I turn off my laptop and
turn it back on again later the toolbar is not the way I left it.

How do I customize it and get it to stay that way?