View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: table does not move as text changes in word

It sounds like you are experiencing issues with the table's positioning in your Word document. Fortunately, there are a few things you can try to fix this issue.
  1. Firstly, you can try adjusting the table's text wrapping options. To do this, select the table and then go to the "Layout" tab in the ribbon. In the "Wrap Text" section, try selecting "In Line with Text" or "Square" to see if this helps the table stay in place as text is added or removed.
  2. If adjusting the text wrapping options doesn't work, you can try anchoring the table to a specific paragraph or section in the document. To do this, select the table and then go to the "Layout" tab in the ribbon. In the "Position" section, click on the "More Options" button. In the "Table Positioning" dialog box, select the "Move with Text" option and then choose the paragraph or section you want to anchor the table to from the "Anchor" dropdown menu.
  3. Another thing you can try is to make sure that the table is not set to "Float Over Text". To check this, select the table and then go to the "Layout" tab in the ribbon. In the "Position" section, click on the "Positioning Options" button. In the "Table Positioning" dialog box, make sure that the "Float Over Text" option is not selected.
  4. If none of these solutions work, you can also try adjusting the table's column widths to see if this helps the table stay in place. To do this, select the table and then go to the "Layout" tab in the ribbon. In the "Cell Size" section, click on the "AutoFit" button and then select "Fixed Column Width". You can then adjust the column widths as needed.

I hope these solutions help you fix the issue with your table's positioning in Word. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!