Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Header and Footer 'margins'

cannot be maually resized or repositioned. They simply regulate the
positioning of standard H/F content, but you can also add just about
anything anywhere else as you wish - including drawing objects, pictures,
text boxes, etc.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"SV" wrote in message
Greetings,
I'm new to Word 2003 and am seeing something a bit different than it was
in Word 2000. When I bring up the Page Setup box and select the Margins
tab, I get margins for top, bottom, left, right, and even Gutter size and
location. If I remember Word2000 correctly, it gave me the ability to set
the Header and Footer positions (I think they were for 'how large is the
area", but they might have been "how far from the edge does it start').

I'm finding in Word 2003 I actually have to use the mouse and play
click/drag for my header/footer sizes, and when I highlight them, the
boundary lines (dashed) show the footer starting at the edge of the paper
and I can't click/drag it to move it up.

Sooo... is there a way for me to numerically set Header/Footer height
and location with respect to the top/bottom of the page???

Thanks,
Shane