Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Frames, Styles and figures

If you want the frame to be part of the
style, you could try making both the Caption and the Figure style framed,
being careful to set all the frame properties identically, but I'm not
sure this would work (I think you'd end up with two frames).

I believe this works if one style is based on the other, so that the frame
formatting is "shared."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You have to insert the figure (and I would advocate using a style
specifically defined for it) and then the caption (in the Caption style)
and
then insert the frame around both. If you want the frame to be part of the
style, you could try making both the Caption and the Figure style framed,
being careful to set all the frame properties identically, but I'm not
sure
this would work (I think you'd end up with two frames).

so
all may benefit.

"Sudders" wrote in message

I've created a long document with lots of captioned figures. As the
figures were floating, so were all the cpations(in textboxes). So that
meant that cross-referencing, table of figures etc. didn't work
properly. So I converted the textboxes to frames. In order to keep the
figures with the captions I cut and pasted the figures into the frames.
Fine, all worked well.

Except that whenever I cross-referenced a figure I got an image of the
figure. Huh? This was because the figure, now in-line, was in the Style
'caption'. So I changed the style of the figure to normal ... and ...
the figure jumpped out of the frames and into the main body of text.
Arrrgggghhhh .....

Its enough to make you want to use LaTeX.

Can anybody help?

Cheers,

Ian
---