Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Format painter only works intermittently in Word 2007

Because the people who _invent_ the bells and whistles aren't the
people who they think are going to _use_ the bells and whistles?

On May 8, 11:15*am, SwingsetAbby
wrote:
Thanks ... but I don't rely on it THAT heavily. I use it here and there, as a
convenient shortcut -- for example, when a set of pasted bullets refuses to
pick up the styles within the document (which happens with alarming
frequency). I can use the format painter to apply the style to one bullet,
but then it deactivates.

I must admit, I'm perplexed: Why have a format painter in the first place if
the advice is not to use it?

"CyberTaz" wrote:
Following on Stefan's reply as a suggestion: If you're relying that heavily
on the Format Painter perhaps it would be more efficient to use Styles
instead.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"SwingsetAbby" wrote in message
I'm having a hard time keeping the format painter activated in Word 2007.
double-click on it, and it seems to engage, but then it deactivates. Can
anyone tell me why, or how to fix it? Thanks in advance.-