Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anne Troy

Default Somehow the default paper tray got changed

Start--Settings--Printers...open the printer you're using and check its
default.
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"LurfysMa" wrote in message
Starting about 2-3 days ago, every time I print a document, the
printer (HP LaserJet 5000N, on a LAN) prompts me to load paper in the
manual feed tray. When I examine the Paper Source tab of the Page
Setup option, I see that all (or most) of my documents have been
changed to the Manual Tray option. Some of these are new documents and
some of them are old documents. I also checked my templates (I have
40-50 custom templates) and all of the ones I checked also have that
option changed.

I may have changed that option in one or two documents (although I
don't remember doing that), but I sure didn't change all of them.

How could this have happened and, more importantly, how can I change
it back without editing every document and template?

I checked the printer settings (File | Print... | Options) and the
printer somehow got changed to "Manual tray". I changed it to "Auto
select", but the documents are still set to the Manual tray" setting.

Thanks

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000