Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lost in ExcelLand Lost in ExcelLand is offline

Default Page Numbering Issue

Hi Peter,

Yes, it appears within the field w/the number, like: APPENDIX A-1. This is
really stumping me--hope you can help!

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

In the header/footer of the appendix, is the word APPENDIX typed
inside the page no. field (toggle it with Shift-F9) instead of outside
it?

On Jul 24, 3:50 pm, Lost in ExcelLand
wrote:
Im well-versed in creating headings whenever needed and associating styles;
however, today, my usual method isnt working. In a nutshell, Ive named the
appendix style in my document as Heading 6. When I apply Heading 6 to my
text, it works (and appears in my TOC as it should). Great going, right?
The problem is when I go to number those pages€”I get the ENTIRE heading where
the page number appears in the footer (e.g., APPENDIX A-1) instead of just
A-1, A-2, etc., like I usually get. Ive NEVER seen that happen before in
all my years of performing this function, and am wracking my brain as to why.
I'm not sure if there's a problem w/this particular document somewhere (I
tried it in my own Normal.dot template and it DOES work correctly), since it
was created by someone else. Can some1 help me understand this new
phenomenon? Id greatly appreciate it!