WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I shuffle a numbered list in Word?

Great question! Here's how you can shuffle a numbered list in Word:
  1. Select the entire list by clicking and dragging your mouse over it or by placing your cursor at the beginning of the list and pressing Ctrl+A on your keyboard.
  2. Right-click on the selected list and choose "Cut" from the context menu. This will remove the list from your document.
  3. Place your cursor where you want the shuffled list to appear.
  4. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  5. Click on the small arrow next to the "Paste" button in the ribbon to open the Paste Special menu.
  6. Choose "Unformatted Text" from the options in the Paste Special menu.
  7. Type or paste your list into the text box that appears.
  8. Select the entire list by clicking and dragging your mouse over it or by placing your cursor at the beginning of the list and pressing Ctrl+A on your keyboard.
  9. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  10. Click on the small arrow next to the "Sort" button in the ribbon to open the Sort dialog box.
  11. In the Sort dialog box, choose "Paragraphs" from the "Sort by" dropdown menu.
  12. Choose "Random" from the "Type" dropdown menu.
  13. Click "OK" to shuffle your list.

Your numbered list should now be shuffled! If you want to renumber the list, you can do so by selecting the entire list and clicking on the "Numbering" button in the ribbon.