Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Default Can I view the full file name on the File/Open list before I open

Word abbreviates long file names in the File/Open list.

This is a problem if the key identifying information in the file is at the
end, and therefore not visible in the File/Open list. (For example, if I
have two files named "c:\documents\Richard Patterson's article, draft of
11-04-2007.doc" and "c:\documents\Richard Patterson's article, draft of
11-27-2007.doc".)

Is there any way to view the full file name of the files on the File/Open
list so that I can be sure to select the right one?

Thanks.