Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
P & H Macguire P & H Macguire is offline

Default Word 2000 question

"DeanH" wrote in message
Check under Tools, Options, General and see which options you have checked
"at Open" options. If so then your document probably does have a link or
two
in it which is refreshed and that constitutes a change.
With 2000, if I remember, uncheck the two WordPerfect options in this tab
and also uncheck the "Disable features introduced after" on the Save tab
may
help with this.
DeanH

"P & H Macguire" wrote:

If I open an existing document in Word, just look at it and do nothing to
it, when I select"close" it asks me if I want to "save changes" when
there
have been none! Is it possible to stop this?

Regards and thanks in advance

Pat Macguire

That's fixed it! Thanks for taking the time.

Pat Macguire