Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daddy Daddy is offline

Default Weird Opening Document

My guess: Because the file extension was .doc and the default file format in
Word 2007 is .docx

Daddy

"BK" wrote in message
Using Windows XP and Office 2007

I just received a Word 2003 document as an email attachment. When I
opened the attachment, it launched Word 2003 on my system. Although
Office 2003 still resides on my system, I am using Office 2007. I have
received 2003 Word documents as email attachments before, and when I open
the attachment it always launches Word 2007.

Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 this
time???