Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Save As File Name Drop Down List

That is a different MRU list. The one in the Save As dialog requires
Registry editing to remove.

"HYEL ISSEJ" wrote in message
Found this in the help topics:

Show or hide the list of recently used documents on the File menu
On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab.
Select or clear the Recently used file list check box.
When the Recently used file list check box is selected, you can specify

the
number of recently used files that appear on the File menu.

Hope it solves your problem!

"merc1998" wrote:

Hi,
I have a real doozy. When I do a "save as" in microsoft, at the right

side
of the "file name:" box there is a drop down list of recent file names.

Does
anyone know how to erase this this of file names?
Thanks!