Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Merge Froms

It sounds like you are not actually executing the merge. Turn on the
display of the Mail Merge toolbar by selecting Toolbars from the View menu
and then click on the Mail Merge item Then use the button at the right hand
end of that toolbar to execute the merge to a new document and save that.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"lj" wrote in message
Until Word 2003, I could creat merge docs with mail merge. Now when I
merge
items, if I save to connect the letter to the data it changes all the
previous items that were completed; if I don't save it linked to the data,
it
reverts to the merge fields. How so I stop this?