Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nathan Franklin

Default MERGEFIELDS

got it sorted
"Nathan Franklin" wrote in message
it was used by inserting the field... (in the Insert menu) and then select
the IF field option...

Was the If field constructed using Ctrl+F9 to insert the field
delimiters?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Nathan Franklin" wrote in message
i have an update on this

when putting this into my document

{ IF {MERGEFIELD PowerConnected } = 1 "Note: Power was connected at time
of inspection." "Note: Power was not connected at time of inspection."
\* MERGEFORMAT }

The value that gets printed when I do a mail merge is "PowerConnected"

the actual merge value (i have checked this) is 1.

Most likely the fields in the document need to be updated.
when and how do I update these fields... before or after the merge??

thanks
nathan

"Nathan Franklin" wrote in message
Hello all,

When I do a mail merge with VB, I am trying to update a certain value
on my word document...
It is using an IF field... But on the new merged document it just
appears blank with no value

{ IF{MERGEFIELD PowerConnected } = 1 "Note: Power was connected at time
of inspection." "Note: Power was not connected at time of
inspection." }

In the data I am passing PowerConnected does equal 1 ... is there
anything you could suggest....
thanks

Nathan