Klaus Linke

Hi Anita,

In Word2003, Format Paragraph, there's a check box for supressing =
space before/after between paragraphs of the same style.
It's meant exactly for your purpose. Not sure in which version it was =
introduced, but I don't think it was there in Word2000.

The setting isn't the perfect solution yet, since usually you want some =
space between list items, just not as much as above or below the list.

As a work-around: Select two of the list paragraphs, open the dialog to =
change the style, Borders, and set the horizontal middle border =
(between paragraphs) to 6 pt and color white.

Greetings,
Klaus

"Anita" wrote:
Word should allow you to specify different paragraph spacing on the =

first and=20
last items in a list when using a list style.
=20
I write user guides, and I always use styles for formatting. I set =

paragraph=20
spacing for the general text flow, but I often find myself manually =

adjusting=20
paragraph spacing on the first and/or last items in a list. Less space =

before=20
the first item and more space after the last item visually links the =

list=20
with its lead-in paragraph.
=20
This is very tedious to do in a lengthy document, and now that Word =

has a=20
separate category of style for lists, it would be a very useful option =

to=20
incorporate in list styles.
=20
If there's already a way to automate this, I'd love to know how.
=20
=20
=20
----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the =

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click =

the "I=20
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, =

follow this=20
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and =

then=20
click "I Agree" in the message pane.
=20
=

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...?mid=3D718939=
ef-dfc5-4a05-aa3a-a3a2b09c2aa3&dg=3Dmicrosoft.public.word.pagelayout