Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Word 2003: Changing the increase/decrease rate of the indent icon?

With Word 2003 (SP2) here, the indent increases by whatever you set the
default tab stop to?
When you upgraded, did you start with a clean install or did you upgrade
2000? If the latter, rename normal.dot (a hidden file) to oldnormal.dot and
delete the Word data registry key (see
http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm )
You can copy your macros/toolbars etc from old to new template, but you will
have to rebuild your tools options and autoformatting settings.

hayakaw1 wrote:
Hi. I have just moved from Word 2000 to Word 2003.

What I am trying to do is to increase or decrease indent by 0.25 inch
everytime I click on the the "increase indent" icon or the "decrease
indent" icon. Currently, the indent increases or decreases 1/6 inch.

When I was using Word 2000, I could do it by changing default tab stop
parameter from 0.5 inch to 0.25 inch. However, I cannot use this
method for Word 2003. When I change the parameter of default tab
stop, it does affect the tab function but not indenting function.
The increase and decrease of indent seems to be following not the
default tab stop parameter but the gridline.

I would appreciate if someone can give me kind advice.

Thank you very much.