Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Turn off Track Changes

Hi Three Lefts,

Once you turn on Track changes accepting or rejecting the changes made is what will clear things out, although using undo to remove
all changes just made should work, if there weren't any changes already in the document, but the undo command won't turn on/off the
track changes feature)

With track changes turned off if you use
Reveiw-Reject=Reject All Changes in Document
after using undo (ctrl+Z) you should get a dialog saying that there aren't any changes in the document.

Ctrl+Shift+E is a toggle for starting/stopping the track changes feature and you can also add Track changes to the status bar at
the bottom of the Word 2007 screen by right clicking on the status bar.

To remove that keyboard shortcut you can use
Office Button=Word Options=Customize=Keyboard shortcuts
(Alt, F, I, C)
and remove it from the 'ToolsRevisionMarks' Review Tab commands.

You could disable that same command by creating a macro that uses that command name, but then basically does nothing, but that might
also cause you some problems unless your macro offered you the choice to turn the feature back on at some point

============
"Three Lefts" wrote in message ...
I have a macro assigned to Ctrl-Shift-R. Sometimes I miss and hit
Ctrl-Shift-E, which turns on the Track Changes feature. I can never
figure out how to turn it off.

I am running Office 2007, but this document is in compatibility mode.

I tried the obvious solutions:

1. Ctrl-Z (undo). No joy.

2. Ctrl-Shift-E hoping it might be a toggle. No joy.

3. I went to the Review ribbon and clicked on the Track Changes button
and unchecked everything. No joy. This does stop it from highlighting
further changes, but it does not remove the highlighting that is
already there.

How do I reverse the effect of hitting Ctrl-Shift-E?

Is there a way that I can either (a) completely disable tracking
forever or (b) kill that keyboard shortcut?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP