Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default cross reference problems

Make sure not to press Enter (or add text for that matter) at the beginning
of a cross-referenced paragraph; if you do you will add the paragraph mark
(or text) inside the bookmark, which will cause cross-reference trouble.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"cturner08" wrote in message
I'm having similar problems (in Word 2007, using Windows XP). I've
replaced
all the manual page breaks before headings with a "page break before" in
the
heading paragraph definition. But sometimes - usually only triggered by
printing a page - a cross reference set to display just the heading
wording
will bring in the entire section of text that goes with the heading. I've
tried deleting the offending x-ref entirely, double checking the format of
the heading being referred to, and then re-inserting this. But problems
continue to crop up.

"cbemoras" wrote:

After a cross reference, when printing the document, sometimes a page
breaks
right after the cross reference even while printing to PDF. If I use it
as a
hyperlink, it's even more likely to cause page breaks.