Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default attaching printer setting defaults to document

It is still possible to select specific trays in documents and templates (on
the Paper tab of Page Setup); this information is saved with the document or
template. It is not (and never has been) possible to select a specific
printer, and if the document is printed to a different printer, the tray
settings may be interpreted differently.

"VH" wrote in message
I remember that before Word got so €śgreat€ť you could save a default print
choice for various types of documents. For basic Word docs, my default

always
specified tray 3, which is plain paper. However, for letter templates, my
default print choice specified tray 2 for page 1 and tray 3 for subsequent
pages.

Then we "upgraded."
Big mistake. Upgrading with Word wouldn't be so bad if they's just change
nothing and charge you more, but they actually change things to make
"improve" them, and it is driving me crazy!!!!!

There used to be a way to set and save the default with each type of
document. That no longer seems to be the case. Some portion of Word or the
printer driver simply takes whatever the last setting was and uses it.

This
is very frustrating. It means I often wind up wasting good
letterhead€¦sometimes 50 or 60 pages of it€¦because the last thing I printed
was a letter, and I had to reset the default manually to tray 2, and then
forgot and left it there. The wasted time and resources is driving me

crazy.

If one of you knows how to keep the default with the document type instead
of the printer, please let me know. Usually with Word, there is still a

way
to do this even when they €śimprove€ť a function, but I cant find it.
Thanks!