Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Automatic Date Doesn't Work

I decided to go ahead and change my signature completely. I felt it was more
important to include a link that may help folks understand that MVPs are not
Microsoft employees. (I'm personally a little tired of being treated like
one! They couldn't pay me enough to work in PSS -- all of the ranting that
you have to take because you're being paid to listen? Nope, not for me.
;-) )

How about we make a deal? I'll keep my new signature and in return, could
you start posting your replies to the person in which you are actually
responding? The reasons for this request a

1) These are threaded discussion groups and the majority of those who follow
these newsgroups use a tree view, not a linear view. (btw, Google Groups has
a tree view option.)

2) The protocol for at least the last 10 years has been threaded discussions
in these newsgroups. (I'm sure it's been longer but 10 years is about how
long I've been hanging out here. :-) )

3) The majority of the posters use Microsoft's web interface or Windows Mail
to access the newsgroups. Both have a subscription option that can be used
to notify them of replies to their posts. This is a "per post" option so if
you post your comments intended for the original poster (OP) on someone's
reply, the OP may not see your newly added information.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

"grammatim" wrote in message
I do find myself reading the "Please post" line in every one of your
messages -- could you move it below the dividing line that demarcates
your .sig from your message?