Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JJP JJP is offline

Default How to delete a full line of small black boxes which appeared?

I typed in four asterisks and then pressed enter. There appeared a full line
of small black boxes which I unsuccessfully tried to remove. I looked for
the autoformat or autocorrect box next or on the line but found nothing. I
tried isolating the line, blocking the area around it, and then deleting it.
That also did not work. I had it reveal the formatting signs in the hope
that this would allow me to delete. No success there. I cannot get rid of
these lines. (At two different points I typed asterisks into the doucment.)