Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
SSJ SSJ is offline

Default Delete Blank Lines with Word 2007 Mail Merge

I have been researching this problem and have not found a good
solution. I attempted to use the IF function which does leave the
line blank, but does not actually delete the line. I am attempting to
merge data into a word file. The data to merge contains a different
number of rows depending on the prospect. Some letters will have 2
pieces of information to mail merge others will have up to 10. After
the portion of the letter that needs data merged the standard letter
continues.

What I would like to do is have the portion of the letter following
the merged data to continue after the last line of merged data. All I
have found to do so far is have a wide area of blank space between the
last merged data and the remaining portion of the letter.

For example if I merge in one letter 2 pieces of data, but it is set
up to hold 10 lines of data I have 8 blank lines between the merge and
remaining portion of the letter. Is there anyway to have the blank
space be dynamic for each letter?

Thanks!