Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Table text style alignment is ignored

By table font problem do you mean the one where the table font size (in a
table style) cannot be set smaller than Normal? Could be interesting.

One of the first things I did was change Normal to my liking (11 pts, single
spacing). But some of the other styles showed up with the extra spacing. At
the time I didn't know what to look for in the styles definitions. I found
the default dialog by accident one day and changed the settings there to my
liking as well. No more problems. So, yes, Normal and default are separate.

PamC

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Yes, thanks, Stefan. I think that may be what I'm thinking of, though I
believe that there is also now a "default" font that is not just the font of
Normal style, and that was what solved the table font problem. I notice that
the definition of Normal style now explicitly includes reference to the
default font (so that changing the style of Normal doesn't change the
default).

I forget the actual particulars, but it seems that in previous versions
Normal was actually combining two functions: the "normal" style and the

[quoted text clipped - 71 lines]
Regards
Mike