Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Updating dates

Hello Ken

I don't have any difficulty with modifying file location but it
doesn't seem to behave the way I expect it. I'll use your utility and
let you know the result.

More to the point, in spite of advices posted to others just a few
days ago, I've had no luck with establishing a date in the template
that updates to today's date. I know that there is such a thing
because after many false starts I created one 5 or 6 years ago.

Sp[ecifically, the template had a date, let's say 28 October, 1999,
and when I clicked on new and chose letters.dot it opened a document
that was already dated with today's date. How do you do that.

As a last resort I might be able to use True Image v8 to extract that
file from a year old image. I might just do that if all else fails.

Best wishes.

Colin

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 13:44:07 -0700, Ken Puls
wrote:

Oops! Just realized that this is the Word group, not the Excel group.
Regardless, the instructions to change your template directory work, but
the add-in I referred to is an Excel add-in.

Cheers,

Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
www.excelguru.ca

wrote:
I have had to create a new template in 2003 after years of previous
word versions. Because I like to keep my own creations off the C:
partition I have created a templates folder in my data partition and
set the file locations to look there for templates.

It now seems that when I click on File.New it doesn't look at my new
folder. To find the template I have to go FileOpenDocs/Templates
and open the template that way. It's not as convenient.

Also I created a date but it doesn't update when I open the template.

Is there any help, please.

Many thanks.

Colin