Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Copy table to new document

I agree about the handle. If the table is the first item in a document, or
if you have white space hidden, the handle may not appear, and of course it
doesn't appear in Normal/Draft view, which I use a lot.

http://word.mvps.org

"CyberTaz" gtz1@comcastdotnet wrote in message
Quite true, but I've always found that little bugger to be quite elusive -
it *always* seems to be there when I don't need it & *never* seems to be
hanging around when I do :-) Although it does seem to be much more stable
in 2007. Even so, you have to be at the beginning of the Table to use it
even if it isn't playing Hide 'n' Seek, which can be a pain in a large
table. I'd like to see the Select... options in the contextual menu - I'd
probably use that more than half the other stuff combined.

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Clicking on the table handle also selects the entire table.

http://word.mvps.org

"CyberTaz" gtz1@comcastdotnet wrote in message
Click in the Table then use the Table Tools contextual tab labeled
Layout. In the Table group click the Select button & choose Select
Table, then do your Ctrl+C... you know the rest of the drill :-)

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Alice" wrote in message
Best way to copy entire table in existing document to a new
document?? ---
section break to change to landscape orientation and appropriate
margins
already in place. Ending section break already in place. Table being
inserted is several pages long. Word 2007 on XP desktop. Thanks.
--
Alice.