Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Default I need a new symbol: How do I put a dot underneath the letter s?

The Cardo font (free download from the medieval typography crowd) has them.
Or you can use an EQ field to superimpose any two characters: {EQ \o (t,.) }
You'll need to lower the dot or raise the letter, or both, (Format Font
Character position) to make it work. Have created the field, set it up as a
AutoText so you can use it repeatedly.

"amira" wrote in message
I need to transliterate from Arabic and don't have the letters I need in my
symbols. I need the letters s, d, t, and z with a dot underneath. How can
create such new symbols?

Thank you!!