Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Default I need a new symbol: How do I put a dot underneath the letter

You need to used fields (ctrl-F9) not curly brackets entered from the
keyboard.

"amira" wrote in message
Hi Cooz,

Thanks so much for your response. I tried what you suggested but when the
letters appears with the dot, it says "ADVANCE" after the letter in the
text.
How can I get rid of the "ADVANCE" and just have the letter?

Thank you very much.
I appreciate your help.
Amira

"Cooz" wrote:

Hi amira,

Of course you can always search the internet for fonts that suit you.
An alternative is using ADVANCE fields (Insert | Field...), with which
you
can combine characters.
For example:
Z{ ADVANCE \l 6 \d 5 }.{ ADVANCE \r 6 \u 5 }
places . under Z.

Copy your assembled characters to AutoText-fragments in your Normal.dot
and
assign them to key-combinations.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in
via

"amira" wrote:

I need to transliterate from Arabic and don't have the letters I need
in my
symbols. I need the letters s, d, t, and z with a dot underneath. How
can I
create such new symbols?

Thank you!!