Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jiranz

Default unwanted sql and conversion popups in mergefile

I work with same files on a daily basis for many years. Nothing has changed
except they updated to Office 11 from previous version..

This particular Word doc extracts data from a delimited file created by
another (DOS) program and puts it into a merge file for printing to clients.

With previous versions Word doc imports mergedata from external database and
loads up immediately ready for printing. But since upgrade to 2003 now the
process is halted two times for user manual input

Now when trying to open the file first I get...
"Opening this doc will run the following SQL Command:...Do you want to
contimue?". I have to click in order to continue.

Next a second box opens...
"File Conversion..." with three options so again I click "OK" and then the
file opens.

Why is it doing this? It is adding to the workload as somedays several files
do it 30-40 times.
So how do I bypass these extra two popup windows and make openfile with
mergefields process same as with previous versions of Word?

I made a macro with autohotkey but it suffers occasional failure or hangs in
multiple actions across many files so I believe the problem needs to be
fixed in Word itself..