Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I turn on automatic update of fields?

When do you expect them to update automatically? Recent versions of (and
service packs for) Word have reduced this considerably, but most fields
should still be updated when you print or Print Preview provided you have
"Update fields" checked on the Print tab of Tools | Options. I have learned
that creating a PDF with Acrobat 6 unchecks this box.

"Jack" wrote in message
In a Word DOC that contains a TOC, an index, and associated field codes,

as
well as a field code in the header for the document title, a couple of

weeks
ago the automatic updates of the field codes stopped working. I cannot

find
anywhere that the user has shut off an option.