Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JanAdam

Default How can i change yellow highlighting to all black?

Try the following macro:

'jcz - 24.04.06
'
Sub HighlightToBlack()
Dim oRange As Object
Set oRange = ActiveDocument.Range(Start:=0, End:=0)
Application.Options.DefaultHighlightColorIndex = wdBlack

With oRange.Find
.ClearFormatting
.Highlight = True
With .Replacement
.ClearFormatting
.Highlight = True
End With
.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll, Forward:=True, FindText:="", _
ReplaceWith:="", Format:=True
End With

End Sub

Hope it helps. Although I have tested it on Word 2000 it should work as
well in 2003, I hope.
--
JanAdam

"Yvonne" wrote:

Thanks Carol but what I need to do is global change to all words highlighted
in yellow to show an all black box, we have a document that is being
reviewed, words are being highlighted in yellow that should not show when
document is sent but we cannot delete the words. I know this is confusing,
not sure if it can even be done.

"Carol" wrote:

Highlight the word that is highlighted in yellow and select black from the
highlighter icon on your toolbar.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Yvonne" wrote:

I need to do a global change to words highlighted in yellow to all black so
that words are not visible but are still in the document. Using Word 2003.
Thanks