Mike Bertrand

As you can probably tell, I'm not computer savy. My O/S is Windows XP. I have
read where you can hook the computers together through the network. Is this
done through a USB cable? If not how is this done. Is there any recommended
reading that you would suggest how to transfere files. I'm not sure of what
setup refers to!Thank-You

"Dian D. Chapman, MVP" wrote:

That depends entirely on your operating system and setup, which you
didn't tell us anything about.

In most cases you can plug the two together to create a temporary
network to pass the files. Of if you're on a network, just link to
each other and pass the file. Or burn then to a CD if you have a
burner and pass them. Or grab a ton of floppies and start copying.

More details are needed to provide you with a decent answer.

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:41:11 -0800, "Mike Bertrand" Mike
wrote:

I purchased another cmputer and loaded Word and registered the copy. Now I
want to take all the Word files from the old computer and move them to the
new computer perferably all at once. Is that possible or How would I do that?