Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default What could go wrong? Incrementing numbers on pages

Thanks, Suzanne! Looks like a do-over is in the works!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

But the reason that solution was offered is that Word cannot generate page
numbers larger than (at a guess) 106366.

http://word.mvps.org

"Island Girl" wrote in message
Oooops! Thanks, Stefan!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Although calculated page numbers work, they won't be used by Word in
cross-references or tables of contents. A better approach is to change
the
"Start at" value in the Page Number Format dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Island Girl" wrote in message
Someone wanted each page of a document to have numbers incrementing
from
106367. I'm sure there's a better way, but what I did was put it in
the
place of page numbers as ={PAGE} + 106366. It worked, but now I'm
wondering
what could go wrong, and what the real method of doing that would have
been.
There still might be time to change it.

Thanks again and again!

.